- How does Prosper make money?
- Where can I review Prosper's financial statements?
- What is a "loan through Prosper" and who originates it?
- How does investing through Prosper work?
- What are Prosper Ratings?
- Does Prosper provide access to APIs for investing?
- How do I invest in loans using my online Prosper account?
- For what purposes do borrowers request loans through Prosper?
- Can Prosper modify the terms of a borrower's loan?
- Can I open a joint investment account with Prosper?
- Who can invest on Prosper?
- What states are open to investors on Prosper?
- Can I invest my individual retirement account with Prosper?
- Can foreign investors participate on Prosper?
- What types of investing accounts can I open with Prosper?
- What are Financial Suitability Requirements?
- Do you allow institutional investors to purchase notes?
- Is there a minimum investment required?
- Do I need to remove a security hold on my credit file to register with Prosper?
Individual Retirement Account (IRA)
- Can I invest through Prosper using an individual retirement account?
- Every time I enter my IRA information in the application and select Submit, it takes me to browse the listing page. Why?
- What is the advantage of opening a Prosper IRA?
- What is the minimum requirement to open an IRA account?
- Who is the custodian for Prosper IRA accounts?
- Is there a fee to maintain a retirement account with Prosper?
Performance and Reporting
- Is it guaranteed that Notes will be repaid?
- What happens if a borrower makes an additional loan payment or pays off a loan early?
- What happens if a borrower is late on a payment?
- What does it mean if one of my investments has "charged-off?"
- Can a borrower prepay their loan?
- Where can I download data about loans through Prosper?
- What happens if a borrower files for bankruptcy?
- What happens if a borrower passes away during repayment?
- How are payments allocated to a borrower's loan balance?