What You Can Do to Keep Your Account Safe
- Keep your password private – you should never reveal it to anyone, including our Customer Service specialists.
- Pick a strong password that is a mix of letters, numbers, and symbols. You may want to avoid including your date of birth in your password or using the same password you use to access other websites.
- Make sure your email address is secure. We’ll send important account messages to both your email and your Prosper Account, accessible by signing into your online account.
- Be aware of emails that seem suspicious or ask you to provide personal information. Watch out for fraudulent “phishing” emails and be careful of clicking unfamiliar hyperlinks, even if the email looks like it came from Prosper.
We’ll never ask that you give us your date of birth or tax ID number over email and we don’t ask you to send us gift cards or send us cash through a wire transfer service like Western Union.
- Sign out of your online account when you’re finished – especially if you’re using a public computer or public internet access. You should also clear your browser’s cache and cookies.
If you need to update any of your personal information or reset your password, visit your online account settings or give us a call.